Thursday, June 3, 2010

PELICAN - OIL COVERED and DYING


Louisiana's State Bird - In a State of Disgrace



Gov. Jindal walked along the beach of East Grand Terre Island, LA with an NBC news reporter. The beach was a murky, thick mass of destruction. Waves were heavy and full of death.

As I watched, there was a seabird of unknown variety buried in the oily muck, it's head sticking out at the camera, its demeanor seemed to say, "I have given up. I cannot move even an inch. I cannot escape this doom nor my imminent demise."

And I cried.

And then the Pelican, Louisisana's state bird, sitting on the beach, looking at the oily water, in limbo, unable to help itself. It could only sit there and wonder what had happened and wait for death to come.

I cried more.

This disgraceful scene was more than I could take. To think that this country could allow this diaster to happen without proper resources, proper preperations, and updated technological solutions to be in place is beyond comprehention! This is America, but now just in name, not the one I grew up believing in.

THIS should not have happened, much less gotten this far advanced relative to our coastal lands, wildlife, our people, and our waters!

THIS IS SICKENING

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE

THIS IS A DISGRACE

THERE IS NO EXCUSE!
_______________

No comments: